Champaign, ILL – Sarah Bush Lincoln Weight Management program offers a weight loss program to help patients with their weight loss journey.
They also host cooking demonstrations to help patients work on lifestyle changes. Monthly cooking demonstrations are offered in the Center for Healthy Living.
These programs incorporates healthy foods, healthy cooking techniques and simple, inexpensive recipes.
Attendees also get to taste all of the recipes demonstrated!
The next demo, Fresh From the Garden, is August 28th at 5:30 p.m. They will taste a variety of potatoes, choose healthier methods of cooking, and keep recipes simple while enhancing flavors with less work.
1 batch cornbread, cut into cubes or crumbled
4 slices crisp, cooked turkey bacon (crumbled)
1 cup chopped tomatoes
½ cup chopped red onions
½ cup chopped sweet pickles
½ cup chopped green pepper
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 ears cooked corn on cob, cut corn from cob
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup Ranch style dressing, split in half for layering
1. In large bowl, place half of the crumbled cornbread (2 cups).
2. In separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients and spoon half of the mixture over the cornbread.
3. Spread half of the dressing over the vegetables. Repeat layers.
4. Garnish final layer with a little finely chopped celery and crumbled cornbread.
5. Chill 2-3 hours before serving. Mix prior to serving.