Guest Chef, Colleen Hatton, is back with two dishes perfect to celebrate National Picnic Month!
Coca Cola Burgers
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup Coca Cola
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltine crackers
- 2 Tbsp French dressing
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche buns
- Combine ground beef, egg, Coke, saltine crumbs, French dressing, Parmesan cheese and salt. Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill patties for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Top with cheese. Serve on hamburger buns.
- 2 (12-oz) packages frozen corn, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine one package of corn, eggs, flour, sugar, butter and cayenne pepper. Pulse 3 or 4 times, until corn is creamed. Pour mixture into a large bowl.
- Add remaining package of corn, 1 cup cheddar cheese and bacon. Stir to combine.
- Pour corn mixture into prepared pan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.